or
Two weeks in Balkans
This is a short version of my reflections of impressions from the last holiday. To tell you everything it would take me two weeks, so I propose you to spend this time there and see it with your own eyes.
They say it’s now in fashion to visit countries just after they set freedom, but before they develop. To taste their first drops of freedom, to feel the remaining of the war in the air, look for hidden secrets in the open air, and experience, experience, experience everything by your own. They might be true. It's up to you whom to believe. I've been waiting for the impressions to settle down, for pictures to be exposed, and scanned for you, but neither happened. And still there is no hurry. The impressions are still alive in front of my eyes, the sun is still heating me, the wind is blowing through the open windows, because we turned on the heating not to overheat the car (or to keep the same temperature in and out, as we used to say), and if I dream i feel the taste of freshly boiled corn with butter and salt.
We’ve spent so many hours on the way, visited a number of countries including Kosovo, which wasn’t on any of our maps, swam everywhere we’ve found water, climbed some rocks in Matka and Paklenica, picked up turtles at the shores of Ohrid, ate watermelon next to Meteora, slept at the entrance to the largest local archeology site Apolonia, got wet in the rainy mountains of Durmitor after the nice traverse of bear paw ridge, and many more…
I think I'll come back there once again. There's still so many things to visit and to see..
the way you write is so beautiful. the way you express it; it contains, what I call, true beauty.
ReplyDeleteThank you for that.